When all the natural and non-surgical methods fail to achieve anything, a possible hair transplantation procedure comes to mind as the last option. The number of people who consider getting a hair transplant procedure has been increasing day by day. Hair transplant procedures of today are quite advanced and pain-free. People even visit other countries where are important health tourism destinations. However, there are still many people who have questions about hair transplant procedures that need to be answered. Let’s take a look at some of the common hair transplantation FAQs in our post and try to give the right answers to them.
- What is hair transplantation surgery?
- How is a standard hair transplant job performed?
- Who can perform hair transplantation surgery?
- Will transplanted hair fall out after the surgery?
- How long will it take to heal from hair transplantation wounds?
- How long will it take to grow new hair after hair transplantation?
- How many hair transplant techniques are there?
- Are hair transplantation techniques really worth it?
- What are the eligibility requirements for hair transplantation surgery?
- What are the side effects of hair transplant surgery?
- Where can I get hair transplant surgery?
Hair follicles from a donor area of the candidates are extracted and planted on the recipient area where they suffer from hair loss. Most patients suffer from shock hair loss during the early days of recovery. However, this is not a permanent hair loss and the lost hair strands will mostly grow back in 7-8 months.
The early recovery generally takes a month. However, it may take up to 9 months for full hair density recovery. FUE and DHI procedures are the most common hair transplant techniques. If you do not have a serious skin or heart disease and not too young or old, then you are so likely to be eligible for hair transplant surgery.
Most hair transplant patients suffer from swelling, itching, redness, and inflammation. However, they do not threaten the safety of your hair transplant procedures unless they are at severe levels. You can undergo hair transplant procedures at aesthetic clinics and hospitals.