Hair problems are one of the problems that women or men face from time to time. Some of us deal with dandruff, some with shedding and itching. The causes of hair loss are usually common in women and men. Genetic factors, stress, using the wrong product, washing the hair in the wrong way, external factors, and environmental factors are the main problems that increase hair problems.
Although the causes are common, hair loss occurs differently in women and men, because women and men have different hair structures. Thus, women can experience hair loss in different hair patterns. There are 3 main types of female hair loss; diffuse, pattern, and localized.
- Localized hair loss refers to hair loss that appears in particular areas. Localized hair loss often results in bald spots appearing in distinct areas of the head in which the hair loss is happening, unlike the diffuse or patterned version.
- Diffuse is the most common type of female hair loss. During this, the hair loss only occurs at the front and top of the head with little or no thinning of the hair at the back and sides.
- Women with patterned hair loss will also usually retain more of their front hairline, with the thinning taking place further back or in sections along the hairlines.
Different reasons can cause these types of hair loss. But, the most common reason caused to hair loss is genetic factors which known as medically androgenetic alopecia. Other possible reasons that cause hair loss can be shown as;
- Hormonal factors
- Unhealthy and irregular diet
- Hair growth problems
- Washing with very hot water
- Using the wrong shampoo
- Too much chemical use
All in all, hair loss can also be seen in women, even though it is not as common in men. Hair loss can occur in different ways since the hair structure of men and women is different from each other. Hair transplant treatments can be shown as a certain solution for hair loss and baldness. If you consider a hair transplant, you can contact us by filling out the form, or if you want to learn more, you can follow our blog.