A hair transplant is probably one of the most interesting medical procedures in the world. Many people suffer from high stress, anxiety, and self-confidence problems because of ongoing hair loss. We would like to tell you everything you need to know about hair transplant in our post, please keep reading.
Unlike the common thought, a hair transplant does not solve hair loss problems nor does it make your scalp grow new hair. It is actually an organ transplantation procedure because hair follicles are considered organs in the eyes of the medical community.
A hair transplant is the best way to solve your balding problem. If you have many options and are expected to choose one, you should choose a hair transplant procedure without hesitation because it is the most natural way to see real hair on your scalp.
There are a couple of terms you may want to know before you consider getting a hair transplant. Let’s take a look at some of those in our post:
- Hair Follicle: Roots of your hair strands. A hair follicle includes 2-4 hair strands
- Donor Area: The area where hair follicles will be extracted from
- Recipient Area: The area where hair follicles will be planted on
- Shoch Hair Loss: A type of temporary (mostly) hair loss that occurs after a hair transplantation procedure
- Rest Phase: A 3-month-of-period that takes place every 3 years. During this period, an individual loses more hair than usual.
- FUE: Follicular Unit Extraction, a hair transplantation method
- DHI: Direct Hair Implantation: a hair transplantation method
- FUT: Follicular Unit Transplantation
- Minoxidil: A medication used to treat male-pattern hair loss
- Finasteride: A medication used to treat male-pattern hair loss